You're reading...
EA development, MQL4

MetaEditor ‘corrupt’ compile

I spent the better part of yesterday figuring out where I might have accidentally written an infinite loop. Reason being that the moment I started my backtest, MT4 would crash upon accessing the EA. It seemed the most plausible explanation and I went about combing through every new line. What I couldn’t rationalise was that the prior night I had run the exact same thing without any problems.

After phaffing about for hours debugging the code, redownloading MT4, and even running a virus scan, I still couldn’t figure out what was causing the crash. The code was compiling with no problems. I observed that old .ex4’s of the exact same code worked but the newer ones didn’t.

Clarity broke with the morning and it literally dawned on me that it must be a compiling issue. I had used a MetaEditor from MT4 build 419 to compile, while my backtesting MT4’s were build 409. Lo and behold, compiling with MetaEditor 409 got everything up and running again.

What a colossal time sink, but there you go. Hit me up if you want older builds of MetaEditor. I’ve got 218, 225, 226, 227, 392, 399, 402, 409, 419, 432.


Advertisements

Discussion

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Archives

Visitors

Flag Counter
%d bloggers like this: